"Whatever you find to do with your hands, do it with all your might." Ecc. 9:10

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Knob and tube anyone?

I know, by now you want some good news right?  Me too! Sorry...I had the electrician out yesterday and we have electricity issues. Good news is we have two new breaker boxes and the kitchen and hvac have been rewired already, but when I was attempting to clean the other day my vacuum blew a breaker. I found out several rooms are all on one circuit and a lot of the house is still on "knob and tube" wiring. Many of you probably never heard of this, but it was all that was used in the old days.. Dick keeps saying, "Remember Jane, you bought an old house." Since I want to be able to run several things at once - like have lights on while vacuuming, or watching tv and being on computer, or run the hairdryer while ceiling fan is on, etc. etc. and NOT go outside and flip the breaker, some of the old wiring will need to be replaced. I know the house has been fine for 90 years with this, but I'm a worrier and better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment